"A Common Sense Approach to RPD Design and Treatment Planning" 2 DAY Hands on CourseDate: September 22 - 23, 2017
600 Boyne Highlands Drive
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
This course will review treatment planning guidelines as well as principals of design for removable partial dentures. Participants will survey and design partial denture cases. Participants are encouraged to bring current cases for discussion/treatment planning.
This course will review the various clinical manifestations of the Combination Syndrome. Discussion will include proper diagnosis and a review of the various treatment options for this patient population.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
· Recognize the critical importance of patient examination
· Understand the importance of proper case selection
· Identify multiple clinical factors assisting in removable partial denture design
· Be familiar with a variety of removable partial denture design approaches
· Appreciate that there is more than one design concept suitable for any given situation
· Recognize that no removable partial denture is the best solution for every case
. The Combination Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Options
· Recognize the cardinal signs of the Combination Syndrome
· Understand the critical importance of proper diagnosis
· Be familiar with various treatment options for this patient population
· Realize that long-term follow-up and recall is as important as the treatment rendered
BIO: Timothy R. Saunders, DDS, is Assistant Dean of Clinic Administration and Professor of Clinical Dentistry at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry. Dr. Saunders earned his DDS degree from Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska in 1972. He completed his GPR training at Scott Medical Center, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, in 1973. Dr. Saunders attended the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, for his residency training in Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthetics from 1974 to 1977. He spent 24 years actively practicing and teaching prosthodontics and maxillofacial prosthetics in the United States Air Force, retiring in 1995. He joined the faculty of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, in 1996, retiring in 2010. Dr. Saunders joined the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry in 2011.