ACE Membership Appreciation Free SeminarDate: March 10, 2018
811 W. Square Lake Rd
Troy, MI 48098
Dr. Jeff Horowitz presents:
"The Unholy Trinity of Function"
A New Approach to the TMJ, Functional Occlusion and the Face
We have all heard the argument. Does the occlusion cause the joint problem or does the joint cause the occlusal problem? What role do facial patterns and the muscles play? This lecture takes many of the current concepts in these somewhat confusing disciplines and organizes them in a way so that most practitioners can comfortably differentiate the etiology of occlusal disease, diagnose temporo-mandibular joint disorders and predict long-term success for the restored or non-restored dentition.
Upon completion of this course, participants can expect to have gained knowledge on the following concepts;
- How to differentiate between iatrogenic, foundational and transient occlusal disorders.
- The use of diagnostic imaging and testing to aid in diagnosis
- The role of the airway and skeletal patterns with regard to diagnosis and treatment.
- The appropriate treatment and sequencing based on etiology of the condition.
- Tips, tools and materials used within these disciplines.